lunes, 20 de septiembre de 2010

I Stood Nervoulsy

I stand in front of the audience,

my hands shaking uncontrollably

getting sweaty and sweaty.

Everything becomes blurry

as I grab the microphone

to say my speech,

my too-well-practiced speech


Why am I so nervous?

I had done this millions of times.

This time its different

but I can’t figure out why.

All the students

looking, waiting

impatiently.

“Just stick to the speech

everything will be fine”

I repeat.


I try to shake my anxiety

away, far away

but its too comfortable

and wants to stay.

I could finally speak

and say my speech.


As I finished I felt

the big waste in my shoulders

gone, gone for good.

And I could breath normally again.


Sometimes you think

something is easier than

you where expecting for

until you realize that

you can’t take things for granted.


12:43 p.m. “So the winner is

Patty Pataro for president!”

the speakers announced

I jumped with joy, I could’t belive it

I won


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario